The Benefits of Intersegmental Traction (I.S.T.) Tables
Would you like to find out more about something that is painless, safe, and effective, that can help relax tight muscles and improve mobility to diminish and sometimes even get rid of back and neck pain?
In addition to adjustments to correct your spinal misalignments and fixations, there are other ways that a chiropractor can help get rid of pain, restore and improve range of motion, recover from injuries, and promote healthy movement. An intersegmental traction table, sometimes knowns as an “IST table”, is a tool that chiropractors offer with many benefits.
HOW DO IST TABLES WORK?
Misaligned or stuck joints in the spine can hinder your movement and lead to pain, the IST table helps by gently mobilizing the stuck or fixated spinal joints. It mobilizes the spinal column positively affecting not only the vertebrae, but also the discs, ligaments, muscles, and tendons. The patient lies face-up on the table, while the rollers gently move up and down the spine. Not only is it painless, but it’s also actually soothing and feels great!
Athletes are not the only ones who can benefit from using an IST table regularly. Those who are regularly active or suffer from a back injury can also use this tool to strengthen and restore the range of motion in the spine.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF IST TABLES?
- Accelerates recovery from injury.
- Restores the normal range of motion in the spine.
- Helps reduce muscle spasms that can be caused by weakened postural muscles or spinal injuries.
- Helps increase blood flow to your discs, ligaments, and muscles, which can improve balance and strength.
- The IST table can be adjusted to accommodate a patient’s comfort and can be used with all body types, including children.
The good news is that you can now experience the many benefits of the IST table by visiting us at Atlas Wellness Center where we now include it as part of your pre or post-adjustment protocol as indicated!
To try it out, book your next appointment by calling 714.540.6792.